Yes: Internet (& Big-Box-Store) Bikes are
Lower Priced Bikes.As with some clothing, toys, T.V.’s, vitamins, Internet & big-box-store bicycles can also have an initial lower price. Remember: The initial price of a bicycle is only 1 of 8 price components. The other 7 costs are:
- 2. Assembly Labor
- 3. Fine-Tuning Labor*
- 4. Fitting Labor (Sizing, Comfort, Components)
- 5. Cardboard recycling/disposal of packing materials Labor
- 6. Free Service/Tune-Up Labor (following break-in period)
- 7. Service & Parts availability.
- 8. Free freight/shipping (to locale).
*The importance of the value of Fine-Tuning is it assures proper equipment safety & reliability & performance.
Pete’s Bike & Fitness Shoppe bicycles are priced where all 8 price components are included.Typically, bicycle industry research indicates Internet (& Big-Box-Store) bikes do not include most (or all) of the following features:
- Professional assembly by certified mechanics**.
- Proper physical fitting of bicycle size to the cyclist.
- Availability in a multitude of sizes.
- Service & Parts availability after the purchase.
- Free Service/Tune-Up of bicycle following the break-in period.
- Fine-Tuning of bicycle to highest industry standards.**
- Free freight/shipping (to locale).
- Testing of bicycle prior to purchase.
- Warranty locally, and on a timely basis.